Do you have a background in health & safety?
Join the Resource Revolution! Our client in Herentals looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, they are at the forefront of innovation, from the canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
The Plant EHS Coordinator reports directly to the plant manager and is responsible to ensure that the Herentals, Seveso High tier, site meets all European, Belgian, Flemish and corporate regulations and requirements with regards to safety, health and environment
The Plant EHS Coordinator maintains and develops the current management systems (ISO 14001, Framework) and will be responsible for the practical implementation and delivery of EHS legislation, policy, strategy and objectives.
- As EHS responsible you lead the workforce in meeting company EHS goals and objectives.
- Monitoring compliance with laws and company's EHS procedures and implemented requirements.
- Be compliant with the Seveso requirements and documentations: SWA-VR, O-VR, inspections of officials.
- Follow up all site expansion projects with a strong focus on process safety management.
- Drive & support the implementation of Safety- and Environmental Mgt. Systems.
- Advice from a Health, Safety and Environmental perspective in new projects, processes and installations being developed for the Herentals site.
- Lead Safety Meetings, Risk Assessments, Safety Walks / Inspections, Kick-Off meetings.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, near misses, concerns and unsafe conditions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing guidelines and/or Suez programs at the Herentals Plant.
- Keep track of all upcoming legislation and advice site leadership on actions to remain compliant.
- Ensure that the Herentals Site meets all the Belgian, Flemish and corporate requirements for safety and environmental related affairs including the necessary permits.
- Ensure that the Intervention Plan is kept up to date and have regular contacts hereabout with the local authorities.
- Day-to-day interface with operators to promote safety programs and accident prevention.
- Safety advisor level 1 and Environmental coordinator level A
- Experience with Seveso regulations
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word programs
- 5 years relevant experience in EHS
- Affinity with EHS in chemical industry
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Pro-active behaviour & communication towards local authorities
- Excellent communication skills towards all levels within the organization
- Capable of driving the implementation of projects and programs
- Interesting position in a well known company
- Competitive salary
- Management level position
Vacancy number: 20769